The Borough Administrator is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Borough. The Administrator’s actions are subject to the policy and directives of the Mayor and Council and are generally responsible for the proper administration of all affairs of the Borough within the jurisdiction of the governing body.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review, recommend, implement and enforce sound personnel and administrative policies and procedures.
- Coordinate operations of the various departments, including interoffice communications and dissemination and release of public information.
- Attend meetings of the Borough Council without the right to vote but with the obligation to take part in the discussions if requested by the Mayor or any members of the Council.
- Assist the CFO in the preparation of the budget by helping to coordinate appropriate requests from department heads and facilitate timely assemblage of needed budgetary data.
- Negotiate contracts for the Borough as authorized by and subject to the approval of the Governing Body.
- Make recommendations concerning the nature and location of public improvements, and coordinate and expedite the execution of public improvements authorized by the Governing Body.
- Keep the Governing Body apprised of all matters within this jurisdiction.
- Perform all such other duties and work as may be requested by the Governing Body, such as:
- Act as a liaison between the Borough and the various county, state and federal agencies with respect to all applications for funds and/or services and/or grants needed or required by the Borough.
- Receive and respond to requests for, and complaints about, Borough services that cannot be dealt with by the operating departments and agencies.
- Responsible for the overall supervision and maintenance of, and recommendations regarding, real property owned by the Borough.
Assistant Borough Administrator
The Assistant Borough Administrator is responsible for providing support to the Borough Administrator.