Licenses & Permits
The Health Department issues health licenses for the following types of businesses and events:
- Confectionery stores - dealing packaged candy, ice cream and similar products
- Food caterers
- Nursery schools
- Nursing homes
- Pet shops
- Public swimming pools
- Retail food establishments
- Tanning salons
- Temporary/permanent cosmetics
- Temporary retail food / special events
- Vending machines - dispensing food
- Vending trucks
The Board of Health conducts the following health inspections and investigations:
- Health Inspections of all licensed retail food establishments, (including, but not limited to, temporary operations) in accordance with Chapter 24, "Sanitation in Retail Food Establishments" of the New Jersey State Sanitary Code.
- Investigations of all complaints, such as, but not limited to, food surveillance, public health nuisance, heat, rodents, insects, animals, solid waste, etc.
The Board of Health enforces the following health regulations:
- Issuance of Summonses for health related violations.
- Appearance in municipal court for health related violations.
- Auditing of school immunizations to ensure compliance with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regulations.
- Enforcement of food recalls.
- Enforcement of the state regulations for Blood Borne Pathogens, Right To Know and Hazard Communication programs with regard to all borough employees and volunteers.
- Reporting of, and follow-up on, communicable diseases.