PROPER PERMITS ARE REQUIRED WHEN MAKING FLOOD REPAIRS
For safety reasons, if any of the following was fully or partially submerged under water due to the recent flooding, please obtain the proper permit(s) before repairs are made:
- Electrical outlets or devices – Electrical permit
- Water Heaters – Plumbing permit (with chimney verification form)
- Furnaces or Boilers – Electrical and Mechanical permits (with chimney verification form)
- Central A/C equipment – Electrical and Mechanical permits
- Sheetrock & Insulation – Building permit
Please be advised that the Mayor and Council have waived the Borough’s portion of the permit fees. The State portion of permit fees, by statute, cannot be waived.
If you have any questions call the Building Department at 201-664-5900.
Tropical Storm Ida FEMA Information:
For New Jersey residents living in Bergen, Gloucester, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Passaic, and Somerset Counties, you can apply with FEMA through the following ways:
• The fastest and easiest way to apply is by visiting disasterassistance.gov/ or by downloading the FEMA App on the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
• If it is not possible to apply online, call 800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585). The toll-free telephone lines operate from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT, seven days a week. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, InnoCaption or CapTel should update FEMA with their specific number assigned to that service.