Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
No, a Parking Enforcement Officer does not have the authority to cancel a Parking Summons. A Parking Summons can only be dismissed by the Municipal Court Judge.
Show All Answers
A. The purpose of the Parking Authority shall be the construction, provision, leasing or operation of off-street parking projects within the Borough of Westwood, together with such accessory facilities as may promote the safe, orderly and convenient flow of pedestrian and vehicular traffic within the Borough of Westwood.
B. The Parking Authority is hereby authorized to plan, construct, reconstruct, enlarge, improve, manage and maintain such parking project or projects as, in the opinion of the Authority, will provide an effective and satisfactory method for promoting the purpose of the Authority.
C. In addition to the provisions enumerated in N.J.S.A. 40:11A-6 and by way of example and not by way of limitation, the Authority shall also possess the power to:
(1) Acquire by gift, purchase, lease or otherwise any land or interest therein and any equipment to be used thereon which the Authority may deem in furtherance of its lawful purpose.
(2) Establish, charge and collect rents, rates or other charges to be determined exclusively by the Authority for the use of any parking facility to be operated by the Authority.
(3) Sell, transfer, lease, mortgage or otherwise transfer an interest in any lands of the Authority upon such terms and conditions as it may determine with or without public bidding as may be in such case required.
(4) Invest any moneys held in sinking funds in such a manner as may be lawful for public entities and to borrow money and accept grants and to enter into contract with any public entity.
(5) Do and perform any acts and things authorized by N.J.S.A. 40:11A-1 et seq. through or by means of its own officers, agents or employees, or by contract with any person.
(6) Exercise the power of eminent domain for the acquisition of any real property deemed necessary for its purposes; provided, however, that the Parking Authority may not acquire any interest in real estate without the consent of the Governing Body.
In addition, to the metered parking spaces located on the streets surrounding the central business district, there are also four metered, off-street Municipal Parking Lots. View information about the location of these lots (PDF).
The Washington Avenue Municipal Parking Lot, which is located two blocks from the central business district, is usually about 95% empty on Saturday. View information about the location of this lot (PDF).
Instructions for the use of the Master Meters are posted on the unit itself, and in addition are displayed on signs posted throughout the Municipal Parking Lots. View information about the use of the Master Meter (PDF).
The 9-hours parking meters (parking spaces) are at the following locations:
Call the Westwood Violations Bureau office at 201-666-8510. Clearly state your name and telephone number. In addition, describe the location of the parking meter that did not accept the coin and the date and time of the incident.
In order to pay a Parking Summons, you should go to the Violations Bureau, which is located on the 2nd floor of the Westwood Municipal Complex. The Municipal Complex is located at:101 Washington AvenueWestwood, NJ 07675
The Parking Authority holds quarterly meetings.
You can apply for a position with the Parking Authority by completing an employment application, and filing it at the Office of the Borough Clerk.